Chris Johnson and Scott Guy are the two men who arranged the Cornelius Harnett Memorial Display on the second floor of the Harnett County Courthouse in April of 2012. In October they arranged additions. One addition is a narrative entititled “The Dunlap Broadsides” and the other is a framed copy of one of the twenty-five broadsides known to exist. The Broadside is entitled “A Declaration.” This became “The Declaration of Indpendence” when the official version was published. The copy placed at the courthouse is one of 200 original Broadsides printed by John Dunlap on the night of July 4, 1776 and distributed to the Continental Congress the following morning.
Chris is the Facility Maintenance Director for the County. Scott is the Maintenance Technician.
Below is a picture of Chris and Scott shortly after they placed the narrative and the broadside in October of 2012. They are standing in front of the narrative and the broadide. For the text of the narrative put in final form by Glenn Hood, see “The Dunlap Broadside and Narrative“.